Thursday, October 4, 2007

Family Issues

Good news! Seems like my family is ready to mend fences with the hubby and I. My mom called and we spoke a great deal about reconciling and even meeting some time soon. She even spoke to the hubby for a couple of minutes which came as a suprise because she's never wanted to even be in the same room as him. Interesting, lol! Now it seems like she wants a proper traditional/church wedding considering the fact that my parents were not in attendance at the original ceremony. I'm not really sure if I'm up for it though because my husband and I have been married for two years. It just seems a bit ridiculous planning a wedding right now. Seriously, it's been TWO years! The hubby just wants to make everyone happy and he's even a bit excited at the thought of a traditional Nigerian wedding. I just heard that my grandfather is sending him a book all about the traditional ceremony.Funny, I didn't know such books even existed. I wonder if a white wedding gown would still be appropriate.....

9 comments:

SET said...

LOL, Good news indeed. I am sure your heart will settle for good now and the strength u show considering you didn't get their support in the beginning yet you stuck it out and now they see what u saw in you hubby. awesome, i thinku can still wear white it is the same wedding continuing a few yrs later. lol, i think, goodluck with all things

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely happy for you right now... there's something about everything being right with your world... your friends, family and just the people who love you...

Anonymous said...

wowowow CONGRATS!!!
thats just awesome :)

i'd say go for cream, instead of white? lol

confused child said...

Congrats! girl u can wear any color of wedding dress except purple, orange, green, brown and esp black.

Anonymous said...

update now... you're ok abi?

SET said...

WHERE ARE YOU GIRL? HOPE ALL IS WELL.

Anonymous said...

i miss u oh babe..come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow, glad that your family is coming together. That is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Good words.