Friday, August 24, 2007

Chronicles of A Non Blogging Lady



It's Friday baby!! Sorry that i've been incognito for a while. The internet connection here has been hay wire! Anyways, I'm so glad it's the weekend finally. You know what that means? Shopping, shopping, and more shopping! Ok, maybe I'll try to do some window shopping instead, but who knows, I might see something I can't do without, lol. The past few days have been kinda wierd for me though. I called mum and she gave me the usual lecture, about why I shouldn't be with my husband and blah blah. This might seem mean, but I never look forward to speaking with my own mother. There's this feeling of nervousness and tension all around the house, kind of like the feeling you get before taking a tough exam, if you know what I mean. She's absolutely convinced that if only she had made me transfer schools earlier on in college, my hubby and I wouldn't have been together today. Can you imagine, she actually tried fixing me up with a friend of mine (I'll call him S) in college. Here's how the conversation went on that fateful day:

CNL: "Hello mum."

Mum: "Ha my daughter, thanks for calling. There's something i've been meaning to discuss with you."

CNL: "Ok......"

Mum: "I have noticed that your friend S, likes you. Both of you will make a very good couple. He's Yoruba and that's good."

CNL: "But mum, I'm already seeing someone else. You know that."

Mum: "And so what? I have told you that you should stop seeing that boy! I don't even want him around me o!"

CNL: "We just can't stop seeing each other like that now. We have been together for a while...."

Mum: "CNL look ,don't waste your time and also that boy's time. Marriage will never happen."


CNL: "But who's talking about marriage now. Anyway, S is like a brother to me and thats that."

Mum: "I have spoken my mind CNL!"


Mothers can bring a lot of hell into your life sometimes! I know she means well, in her own way, but it can be frustrating at times. Anyway, we spoke in our usual polite manner, but the conversation only ended in anger. I had been quite depressed until last night, when a couple of good friends took me out in order to relax. I feel much better, thanks to them, but I honestly wish I had a good relationship with my mother. Maybe some shoe therapy will make me feel better. Lol!


Update: Still haven't found those silly pumps yet, but I have my eye on another pair!

1 comment:

SET said...

HMMM MY DEAR I CAN RELATE. ANYWAYS YOU SEEM SMART ENOUGH TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT. SHOPPING IS ALWAYS A GOOD THERAPY AFTER STRESS. TAKE IT EASY AND HAE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.