Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Shoes are Getting Away......!




Got up quite early this morning to make a cup of coffee for the hubby. It's pretty funny watching how cranky he gets in the mornings, complaining about how he doesn't want to go to work and wants to stay in bed all day. This is a typical conversation we have every morning:





Hubby: "Oh, I really don't want to go to work today."


Me: "But honey you need to...."


Hubby: "I know babe, I know. I just wish I was a trust fund kid or something."


Me: " Don't we all?"


Hubby: "Fine, fine I'll go take a shower!"




Lol, I really love him!





I had lunch with a friend of mine, then headed off to a dept store to get a dress for an upcoming wedding. There was a shoe sale going on and of course, I went a little crazy. Me and my obsession with shoes sha! Ladies you know how it is, lol. Anyway, this pair of Celine pumps was calling my name and I decided that I was absolutely not going to leave without them. Told the sales person I needed a pair in my size and she just simply smiled politely and said "oh, sorry that lady over there just got the last pair in that size, but we do have some other ones I could show you ". WHAT?! I don't want any other shoes dammit! Nooooooooooooooo.............! She took my shoes o!




I searched the internet as soon as I got home looking for those shoes, in secret of course! The hubby must not know that I am buying more shoes especially when I just got a pair (or two) last week. Not that he would be furious, he simply doesn't understand my shoe obsession. I'm yet to find them, but I'm sure I will in time. Soon. Hopefully!





Another catastrophic event? In Peru? It's really horrific that such things occur in this world. About three weeks ago, it was the bridge collapse, which we are still yet to recover from. Then, the mine accidents and now this? My heart goes out to the victims of this tragedy and also their families!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... awww you're sooo adorable.. and yes i completely understand your shoe obsession... actually i wont call it that cos its not really an obsession when its actually a necessity... i mean it wouldn't do to wear the same shoes all the time when there are so many options... peeptoes, wedges, stilletos, sandals... ok please dont get me started... lol i started talking about shoes and lost sight of whatever else i was going to say... shoot

SET said...

lol, I DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO WORK YESTERDAY MYSELF. IT GETS HARD AND I WISH MT FAMILY HAD THAT OPRAH TYPE MONEY. DAMN I WISH.
AND I THINK YOUR BLOG WILL BE AS FAB AS THEY GET. THX FOR THE PROPS

Chronicles of a Naija Lady said...

@ONB...I guess you're right. Shoes ARE a necessity. I'm still trying to get the hubby to understand this. Lol.

@SET... Someday the 'Oprah type money' shall be ours. Someday...

SET said...

SORRY ABOUT YOUR SHOES. I KNOW HOW IT FEELS, I REMEMBER MISSING OUT ON A BLUE MARC JACOBS' BAG SINCE 2005, I AM STILL REGRETING IT. LOL